Fight for Sight funds pioneering research to prevent sight loss and treat eye disease. We are the largest charity in the UK dedicated to funding eye research.
Our research covers a wide range of eye conditions including macular degeneration, glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, trachoma, cataract and inherited eye diseases. This research is conducted by teams attached to over 24 universities and hospitals across the UK.
Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, we have been able to:
- save the sight of thousands of premature babies through understanding and controlling levels of oxygen delivery;
- restore sight by establishing the UK Corneal Transplant Service enabling over 52,000 corneal transplants to take place;
- provide the funding for the research leading to the world’s first clinical trial for choroideremia;
- bring hope to children with inherited eye disease by helping to fund the team responsible for the world’s first gene therapy clinical trial; and
- identify new genes responsible for keratoconus and Nance-Horan syndrome.
Please support Fight for Sight through your payroll and help us create a future everyone can see.